My friend Aravind is very health conscious and he daily drinks the nimbu pani in office, as he don’t know the recipe to prepare this at home. So I am sharing this simple recipe for all the health conscious bachelors, like Aravind, out there.
Nimbu Pani (aka lemonade) is a quick and ideal beverage for summer; it prevents dehydration in the body. This is very cost-effective and quick drink to prepare. Lemonade is made all over the world and everyone has their own variations.
I am using Indian digestive spices like cumin powder and Chaat Masala to add a little spice to the taste of the drink. Generally, health conscious people prefer Salted Nimbu Pani, and so do I. You can sweeten this Drink by adding Jaggery or sugar in it. You can also add mint juice, ginger juice or soda water in it, as per your likes.
- 2 cups of water – chilled
- 1 medium sized lemons
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin powder
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- Take the 2 Cups water in bowl or jar.
- Cut the lemons in hald and squeeze in the water.
- Add the salt, cumin powder and chaat masala to it and stir it well to dissolve the salt properly.
- Serve Nimbu Pani in tall glasses.
- Sprinkle with some extra chaat masala if you want.
4 Comments Add yours
This looks easy to make. I’ll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
Hey Stephanie, This is absolutely easy to make drink…
You can also add some mint juice to this to add a more cooling effect to this…
Great idea. Love fresh mint in almost anything- especially drinks. Thanks for the inspiration.
My Pleasure… 🙂