Since last week, we are feeling the Heat of Indian Summer in Pune, so thought of having something cool and refreshing on a lazy Saturday afternoon. My hubby had bought a watermelon, which is now easily available in local markets. The green grapes were gifted by a friend who owns a grape vineyard back at her hometown…
Watermelon and Grapes Juice is a cooling drink to be enjoyed during hot weather and also an energy booster.
Watermelons are a good source of fructose and fructose which provide us with energy to carry out our daily activities. They also help promote diuresis and reduce inflammation in our body. Grapes contain glucose and fructose as well. They are high in iron and Vitamin B12. Benefits of grapes include fighting fatigue, providing energy and preventing anemia.
- 250g watermelon
- 15 seedless green grapes
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- Cut watermelon into slices. Remove the seeds.
- Refrigerate the watermelon slices and grapes for an hour.
- After the watermelon slices are chilled, pull them out.
- Put the watermelon slices and grapes into the blender and blend well till no big chunks are left in the blender jar.
- Add in lemon juice and sugar; mix well.
- Pour the juice out into the 2 big glasses and garnish with grapes. Add ice if required.
- Serve immediately!