Dawat and Pirates…. Together? How?? Well, yes it’s possible at Dawat-e-Pirates!
One fine Weekend, we made a reservation and somehow reached this Restaurant at Koramangala through the terrific traffic at agara, almost an hour late! Still we were greeted by the usher with a warm smile, who took us to the designated table.
Daawat-e-pirates is the ala-carte version of the Black pearl. Yeah…A Pirate themed Restaurant it is!
The ambiance is so well done in terms of the theme. This place has an interesting Dimly-Lit Cave-Styled seating arrangement called the Pirate’s cave which assures to make your dining experience a romantic one. They also have a bar and a lobby area setup with pirate figures, skulls, bones and so much. Very Exciting!
It’s an awesome place to go for a sumptuous Nawabi meal. So here’s what we had!
- Punjabi Cut Green Salad: Fresh Veggies diced and sprinkled with lemon juice, cumin powder and salt… So simple yet so refreshing…!!
- Tamatar Dhaniya ka Shorba: It is a mild tomato soup with exotic herbs & spices garnished with fresh coriander and herbs. A mild yet appetising soup!
- Mughlai Stuffed Papad Roll: Sweet-Corn and fresh fenugreek tossed in Mughlai spices, stuffed in rolled papad, served with Mughlai dip. This is really very innovative and beautiful dish!
- Till Paneer Tikka: Sigdi-grilled Paneer Tikka with a dash of roasted sesame seeds. This was marvellous and show-stopper of the day! The Paneer was so fresh and creamy, and the roasted sesame seeds were adding a crunchiness to complete dish.
- Sham Savera Kofta: This is Chef’s Special Dish having Paneer Kofta in delectable hot-sweet gravy. We liked its taste along with a Butter Tandoori Roti…!
- Tawa Veg Pulao: Flavourful and filling!
By this Time, we were completely full owing to huge quantities they serve, but still our Nawabi Pirategiri was incomplete without the desserts… So here’s what we had as desserts!
- Angoori Rabri: Thick, Creamy, flavorful and yummy… Even the picture will make one’s mouth water!
- Flaming Gulab-E-Gulkand: Did someone notice Flaming Gulab Jamoon? Who can say no to a Gulab Jamoon? And what an experience it was! The brandy laced Jamoon flamed with a lighter! Simply Amazing! We were so curiously watching the whole-process of lighting up the Gulab Jamoon with a lighter, so we forgot to take any pics here. Still Drooling over the thought of having it!
Overall experience was amazing and food gets a huge-huge thumbs-up!