All of us love to have that refreshing cup of tea for rejuvenate after a long day at work…! We have all indulged in and heard about the various types teas like black tea, early morning Kulhad tea, refreshing lemon tea, Iced-tea for those hot afternoons, Green tea for health-conscious people etc. etc.… Have you ever heard about Bubble tea???
We were recently invited to The Tea Trails Cafe at Law College Road in Pune and were stunned to try their Special Variety of Bubble teas.
About Tea Trails:
Tea trails are the first chain of Tea Cafés in India with a carefully curated range of the finest Teas & Eats. Coupled with a carefully curated selection of teas from all over the world, are the attractive & peaceful ambience, helpful staff & knowledge sharing about the flavor of choice. Tea Trails serves gourmet teas from around the world and has teas ranging from hot to cold and every day to extravagant paired with great food.
Bubble Tea is the name given to the wide variety of refreshing flavored fruit teas and milk teas served ice cold or piping hot with chewy tapioca balls or fruit balls that you suck up through a big fat straw! It’s like a quirky snack and drink in one! The tapioca balls are sometimes referred to as ‘Pearls’ or ‘Boba’, which some people say over time has evolved in to the word ‘Bubble’ – isn’t it interesting how language can do that?
The preparation of the Bubble tea needs it to be shaken at quite high speed, which creates small bubbles above the drink… I think those cute little bubbles justify the name Bubble Tea. An array of various Bubble Teas were served to us, and the detail follows –
- Unchai Chamomile Pearl Tea: Cucumber-Mint combines with Chamomile tea, Ice and Tapioca Pearls to make this unique refreshing Bubble Tea… So Good!
- Detox Latte Bubble Tea: A healthy version of Bubble tea with Detox Tea and Tapioca Balls… similar to Haldi-wala-Dudh…!
- Spiced Chai Bubble Tea: Milk-based Cinnamon Iced-Tea with Tapioca pearls which are consumed along with the beverage. The Tapioca pearls balance the taste of “Masala” so well; I liked this Indian version of Bubble Tea.
- Taiwanese Bubble Tea: A traditional Taiwanese Bubble tea with black tea decoction, milk and traditional Buba (Tapioca balls). It had a hint of coconut in it, which was very refreshing.
- Mango Bubble Tea: It was a flavored drink with Mango bubbles. The bubbles burst in the mouth releasing amazing flavors. The Mango Bubble tea was indeed unique in taste.
- Lychee Bubble Tea: Similar to Mango Bubble tea in Lychee Flavor with Lychee Bubbles… Wonderful!
- Vegan Chocolate Pearl Tea: A treat for Chocolate lovers like me… with A vegan variety of Chocolate Milkshake made with Soy Milk, and little tapioca pearls in it… which gives chewy, bubbly, chocolaty taste…!
The mango and Lychee Bubble tea were too much fun; we all should try it at least once!!
Décor and Ambience:
The Café is all about Tea. The interior consists of all tea related artifacts and quotes adoring the walls. They also have framed photographs depicting the various ways in which people all over the world enjoy their cup of tea.
The Tea Trails Café at Law college road is an experience zone where we not only get great teas and food but also can chat, read, meet or work peacefully.
Their ambiance is classy, comfortable and modern, with a mild instrumental music, a cutesy book barter library. They also have a garden seating area, wonderful for romancing the beautiful chilling December evenings in Pune.
Tea Trails is the place to be if you love tea… Broaden your prospects, and try their amazing variety of teas and tea-infused foods… Just go with a book, relax, talk over tea and enjoy your drink… Cheers!!